What Night Guard Is Best For Me?
Many of our patients at Gallery Dental are affected by grinding or clenching their teeth while they are sleeping. How can this be prevented in order to minimize the painful effects that go along with teeth grinding? Continue reading to learn which night guard is best for your specific situation.
Our dental team offers a wide range of night guards that are designed to help different situations which affect individuals. Below are a few of the options available:
- INFREQUENT TO MODERATE. If you are a moderate grinding and not so much a clencher, then a 4mm soft guard would work best for you. It is made out a soft plastic that allows for maximum comfort.
- DAYTIME: If you grind or clench during the day, then an invisible retainer would work best for you. It is a thin guard that covers up all the teeth.
- LIGHT: A 1.5 mm hard guard is best for individuals who consider themselves light grinders or clenchers.
- MODERATE: A 2 mm soft or hard guard is optimal for moderate to heavy clenchers or grinders. This is for those who experience the effects on a daily basis and need more support.
- HEAVY GRINDERS: Heavy grinders and clenchers are most affected by their symptoms and could benefit from a hard protective guard. A top and bottom guard can provide the most help and comfort.
LOOKING FOR AN ORTHODONTIC RETAINER?
If you are looking for an orthodontic retainer, then contact our team at Gallery Dental for more assistance or information on treatment options. Our staff is eager to answer any questions you might have and help to ease your pain from grinding and clenching. Contact us today to set up your next consultation.